Experts offer tips to recover from spring break

Getting back into the routine of going to classes, doing homework assignments and maybe working can be difficult after a week off.

Lynn Bailey, Staff reporter

Spring break can mean multiple things for college students. It can be signified as a time for relaxation, a time to party, or going simmering in the sun.

After having a complete week off of Spring break how do students recover from being required to do absolutely nothing school related for seven days?

Catherine Daugherty criminology Senior spoke about what students do during Spring break and how it affects them.

It takes a day or so to get back into the routine. But I would say make a to do list of things you have to do. Assignments due etc and to be organized

— Thomas

“For students on Spring Break productivity varies. Some will party every day and night, others will watch Netflix and play video games the whole time, however a lot will still do their homework and study,” Daugherty said.

Monique Captan a general studies senior discussed her experience as a student during Spring Break.

“As a student working two jobs and lives on her own, Spring Break is well needed. It’s not like an average students Spring Break that go on trips to places like Panama, but I get to rest my body and brain,” Captan said.

Academic Advisor Shane Thomas talked about how Spring Break helps students recharge and gave tips for recovery.

“No, I don’t think that Spring Break makes students lazy, it is a much needed break I think.” Thomas said. “It actually recharges students’ batteries.”

Thomas also said whether Spring Break  is necessary for students and faculty “Absolutely not! I think there is tremendous benefit to taking a break. A chance to relax, rejuvenate, hang with friends and to potentially travel to warm places with beaches.”

Thomas also gave tips for students to recover from Spring Break.

“It takes a day or so to get back into the routine. But I would say make a to do list of things you have to do. Assignments due etc and to be organized, ” Thomas said.

Misti Whitaker Academic Advisor for Social Sciences gave tips and advice for students as well.

“I would tell students to have a good time, but not to forget about their classes completely. If they have homework assignments over Spring Break, it would be better to get them done early rather than procrastinating until the last minute to get their work done,” Whitaker said.