Pet a pig – Relieve your stress

Each day this week the campus activities board has organized stress relieving activities for students.

Photo by Lis S. creative commons license.

Connie Howlett, Staff Reporter

As the semester comes to a close, students are trying to prepare for finals. Due to the stresses with finals week, the campus activities board has taken it upon themselves to help students relieve some of their stress. Beginning Monday Nov. 27, after students come back from thanksgiving break, CAB will be hosting “Stress Free Week.” This week’s activities will hopefully help some students relieve some of their stresses throughout the week.

Last year CAB had cupcakes, Play-Doh, candy and coloring. This year CAB is doing some slightly different activities. The activities will be in front of the coffee shop and game room every day from 12:15-1:15 p.m. There will also be a recruiting table if students would like to join CAB and learn how to get involved.

For Monday, CAB is passing out muffins so students can have a muffin with their lunch. Tuesday, CAB is bringing in miniature pigs that students can pet before they go to class. Wednesday, CAB is partnering with the bookstore where students can make cards to send to hospital patients that can’t go home and spend the holidays with their families.

Nathan Neutz, member of the campus activities board, said, “So [writing letters to hospital patients] is just something nice you can do. Just write ‘happy holidays’ or ‘hope you get well soon.’ Those kinds of things.”

On Thursday, the last day of stress free week, CAB will have Play-Doh again like last year.

“Students will be able to sculpt, mess with and be able to take home [Play-Doh] if they need too,” said Neutz.

Since the Play-Doh was a big hit last year, CAB made the decision to do it again this year.

“The Play-Doh was the most popular last year but the mini pigs will most likely top that. I’m personally excited to see the mini pigs,” said Neutz.

“I think this coming week should help out with students’ stress, at least for those who can drop by. If the mini pigs go over well, I could see them or dogs coming again next year,” said Neutz.

Traditions coordinator on the campus activities board, Allison Hedge, said, “I am excited about making holiday cards for the veterans and children in hospitals during Stress Free Week, because it’s also a way to give back.”