Police Blotter March 22, 2010

IUS Horizon

By SCOTT GILLESPIE

Editor

tsgilles@ius.edu

March 12 at 4:30 p.m.

IUS Police were dispatched to Hoosier Room East when a female student was injured during the Residence Life Face-off. The student injured her left middle finger while participating in a team-building activity that ended when another person stepped on her finger while using a wooden plank. I want to say something bad about team-building, but I’m pretty sure I don’t need to here.

March 13 at 4:03 a.m.

IUS Police received a noise complaint from Grove Lodge. Officers discovered there were students were being loud and were also in possession of alcohol. The officers disposed of the alcohol and gave the students a verbal warning, but they did not issue any citations.

March 13 at 9:42 a.m.

A smoke alarm was set off in Woodland Lodge when a resident burned eggs on the stove. At least no bacon was injured this time.

March 15 at 11:51 a.m.

An IUS staff member accidentally pressed the emergency button in an elevator in University Center North — whoops.

March 16 at 9:51 a.m.

A student reported a vehicle in the Woodside Parking Lot heavily leaking gas. IUS Police contacted the owner of the vehicle and called a wrecker to remove the vehicle from the lot.

March 16 at 1:44 p.m.

A custodian called IUS Police to report there was a female dog in Crestview Hall, and she had caught her. Upon arriving at the scene, the officer decided to take the bitch to the shelter herself.

March 17 at 2:12 a.m.

IUS Police investigated a suspicious vehicle in the Central Parking Lot. Officers discovered a male subject, who had been drinking, asleep in the vehicle. Officers then called his mother to come pick his drunken ass up.

March 17 at 12:56 p.m.

A female student came into the IUS Police Department to file a report an act of harassment toward the Christian Student Fellowship when a harassing note was left on a computer in the CSF office. The student, a CSF member, reported her minister had instructed her to report the incident, which she had witnessed.

March 17 at 10:36 p.m.

IUS Police investigated a report of a marijuana smell coming from a room in Grove Lodge. Officers found no marijuana but did give the residents a verbal warning. Drugs are bad, mkay?

March 19 at 1:54 a.m.

IUS Police received a report of a suspicious vehicle in the Hawthorne Parking Lot. Officers found a vehicle with the dome light on and no victim in the vehicle. That’s right — victim. I don’t make this stuff up. I just report what they put in there.

Vehicles towed this week:

• March 17 at 12:38 p.m. from Dogwood Parking Lot for eight unpaid parking tickets.

• March 18 at 9:09 a.m. from Magnolia Parking Lot for 10 unpaid parking tickets.

• March 18 at 11:59 a.m. from Evergreen East Parking Lot for nine unpaid parking tickets.