IU Southeast remembers 9/11

• Students and faculty gather together to pay their respects to all of the men and women who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks, and those who fought and continue to fight for our country.

• A symbol that IU Southeast came together the morning of Sept. 11 to honor our nation and give a moment of silence.

• Vice chancellor of administrative affairs, Dana Wavle, gathers around fellow faculty members and students in a moment of silence.

• Chancellor Ray Wallace leads the crowd in a moment of silence. “This is really a moment of commemoration. We need to remember the people who lost their lives on this tragic event and we don’t need to forget that anytime soon. It’s a time for us to take a little time out of our lives to bow our heads and remember what that day meant,” Wallace said.

• The crowd bows their head in silence to remember the events of 13 years ago.

• Julie Faulds, bookstore manager, and Christopher Morris, psychology, waited patiently for the moment of silence to begin. Morris, who served his country 10 years ago, said this day means a lot to him. “It’s a very important day to give respect to the people that we lost in 9/11. It’s a day of rememberance and honor to honor those who have served in the US military. To the firefighters that gave their lives in 9/11,” Morris said. Faulds said that it was important to hold this moment of silence because it brings the community together.

• Chancellor Ray Wallace speaks to the crowd about the meaning of Sept. 11 and prepares for a moment of silence as the flag is lowered to half staff.

Laura Hubrich, Staff

On the morning of September 11, 2014, a gloomy, rain soaked sky described this day of remembrance perfectly.

Students and faculty gathered together in McCullough Plaza yesterday to remember those who lost their lives during the 9/11 attacks, and praise those who fought, and continue to fight, for our country.

The country’s flag was lowered to half mast and Chancellor Wallace instructed the crowd to bow their heads in a moment of silence. Those gathered hushed as the rain let up and for just a few moments, and a calm swept across campus.